Sunday, May 24, 2020

Taskforce Testing and Kimono My House

A somewhat slow day today. A difficult, restless night due to stomach pain. I've reworked some of the Taskforce music, extending Clone Patrol, which was a bit repetitive, and added and shorter, key-up version for the exciting moment when one target remains. I've played the game a little, and completed a 'perfect' Robospiders training mission on Elite using Remex. It feels good to complete difficult challenges like this!

I'm listening to Kimono My House by Sparks, an amazingly good album. Better than any by Roxy Music (though not dissimilar in style). I reminds me of Queen II, due to the falsetto vocals, use of guitars and rocks drums, and operatic style. This rock sound is lacking in the other five or six albums of theirs I've listened to. For me, Lil' Beethoven is their second best album, the others were nothing special due to specific factors of dramatic intensity and energy.

I spent yesterday working on the Taskforce videos for Steam. The game is just about complete but will be tweaked and changed during casual testing over the coming weeks. I need to work on an art project or plan next. I feel tired and weak, the perfect time to fight, then.