Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Studies, Catalogues

A busy day yesterday, yet more preparations for selling my art online. I completed photographs of the new 'Time For Love' frame, and photographed 'Alien Nativity' in its frame. I've made a list of the paintings for which I have the right size of box for shipping.

Then, I worked on two oil colour studies; for 'Oliver Cromwell Not Dying Twice', and 'Portents Of Desire'. In the evening, a Fall in Green performance for the Statue for Ada project:

Today, I finally listed my first two works on my long dormant Saatchi Art account. I needed weights for them - bah! I've recorded every statistic about every painting apart from weight. Today I've spent a lot of time running and jumping to collect paintings from the walls and shelves, weighing them and noting the results, then darting them back to their place of origin. I've weighed 64 so far.

My records show that, over the past 20 years, I've sold (or gifted or otherwise disposed of) 246 paintings, drawings, and/or sculptures. I have about 1000 left, enough to sell one per day for the next 3 years or so - though this isn't entirely correct as that number also include digitals works (inc. album covers), inventions (my music stand, my easel head) and other non-physical items which aren't technically sellable artworks.

It is 25 degrees in here and becoming too hot to work.