Wednesday, April 29, 2020

More Taskforce

A hugely busy day. Spent the morning refining mission maps and checking the lighting and difficulty. I want some sort of overall picture of them all. Now I have 50 or so maps to juggle it's easy to make a change in one that can domino into others. I worked enlarging and improving the Teenage Mutant Spiders map, which is one of my favourite levels, partly because it's so scary and difficult!

Reviewing the lighting is tricky too. Most of the night missions look best, but I wonder if these might become annoying to players. Should I add the ability to switch any into day, night, default? There is already off/flat, default, and night.

I spent some time changing the indices of the 80 or so icons into strict DEFINEs too, which can easily result in errors unless a lot of care is taken, but this will make it easier to add new icons. One icon I did add is the ability to review mission objectives in the game. Without this, you'd have to just remember them, or restart a new mission.

Little time for playing, that would be inefficient use of my time.

I went for walk out to B&Q to buy a new toilet seat today, this is the first time I've been out in about ten days. I wonder if Covid-19 will breed a new type of Morlock?