The first day of glazing 'Punishment Of The Sun' today. A long and tedious day painting the sky, tree, parts of an intensely detailed sandy floor. Perhaps I need to add more interest in these details, but for now, the art is this detail; in emulation of Cabanel - this was a goal of this painting.
Spent the last two days working on a new painting: 'Artificial Intelligence Discovering Perfect Pornography'. An idea from perhaps 10 years ago originally named 'Alchemist Discovering Perfect Pornography', I modified it to give it a new resonant meaning.
My interest in AI led me to the concept of a intelligence singularity and of greater-than-human intelligence. I became aware that to possess actual human intelligence, an AI would need to know about many things: what hunger feels like, and what different foods feel like, toilet intimacies, possess a sexuality (to accurately emulate a human it would need a gender too; male and female intelligence and behaviours are different), have moods and emotional desires, and a host of other biological behaviours and knowledge that would be utterly without utility to industry - yet these would be vital to an intelligence that must 'be human'. This led me to this painting, an amusing comment on this, a painting with a satirical mood. I drew it out over the weekend and prepared some models and studies.
I can start work after 'Punishment Of The Sun'. I'm glazing this unsually early after underpainting with the aim of entering the RBSA Prize Exhibition. The hot weather means that the underpainting is dry enough.
