Thursday, July 30, 2026

Punishment Of The Sun Complete

Day 4 of glazing, the 8th day of work on this painting overall. I slept reasonably well, but awoke practically exhausted and demoralised as is typical at the start of a glazing day. I began at 09:00 as usual, initially struggling due to the rain-soaked darkness and an eyestrain headache. I took an early break at 10:15 and employed many enthusing techniques; exercise, coffee, tea, and re-evaluation of the work from every angle, then got to work to much better effect finalising the drapery, and in the afternoon adding a few final touches. As usual I've documented the work and parts of which I'm happy with, unhappy with, notes for future improvement etc. The work is unusual in a few ways: my first to use AI for most of the source reference material, and my first of canvas self-adhered to MDF.

Tired, tired, tired now! I feel like sleeping for a few days; but rest will be brief, there is much work to do in this short and limited life. The great rock of art awaits its joyous roll.