An unplanned slow start to today, I'd hoped to charge into painting but felt tired and listless. Instead I found myself making some new drying rack parts, as the new painting, 'Artificial Intelligence Discovering Perfect Pornography', needed a drying space and I'd run out of racks. This is partly because I'm painting larger this year, I had enough smaller racks. Here is my rack design. I made them in 2009 or 2010:
I have 4 of the small 8-hole middle parts, but too many, as I tend to paint large now, and small panels are easy to rest somewhere. So, I cut a 7-hole and 8-hole section up to create a new 10-hole piece, which is much more useful. This means I have the spare end pieces. I could do with a very long one, and I thought that I could use some spare wood to make a telescopic mid-section which would make it fairly easy to store yet allow a very long length if needed.
My biggest hole-section is 18 holes, 88cm, and that's now in use under the Telepathic Daisy painting. I've never needed larger than this. I used to have 2x 18-hole pieces, but one was bent so always wobbled, so I recycled it this year. Perhaps though, it might be useful to have one that can be as large as I'll ever need... not much bigger than 88cm I think... but one never knows. So I'll make plans for an extendable middle-part.
I felt so hungry at 11:30 that I ate lunch then. I can't remember ever doing this before, it might be the first day in 30 or 40 years that I've eaten early when at home (I may be forced to adjust if I'm out). I did this specifically to give me time after eating to paint, so I did so and painted part of the AI painting.


