Started by photographing the newly framed paintings, plus singing practice. This took all morning. Then work on the Morecambe performance. I had hoped to rehearse, but 3 or 4 pieces haven't been performed live so I don't have the sheet music or know which instruments to use. Until now, I've recorded instrumentation and settings for each song we perform in the script, the set-list, for the show, but it's been a year since our last show, and I didn't, by chance, note those settings then, perhaps because they were relatively trivial and all on the MODX (no multiple keyboards).
Still, this was a wake-up call. It makes much more sense to store live performance information with each album, not with each performance event. We performed some tracks live many times, Janus Never Blinks, for example, and often used different instruments per performance, the P105 piano and a tubular bell first, and sometimes the little RefaceDX, but now the MODX almost exclusively; but what if we need to perform it again and need to see how we did it last time? It's a matter of looking through countless scripts of previous shows, and finding the best one for the equipment we'll be using this time. This takes far longer than finding the album. So I've made new 'live' text files for each album and will list there how we perform each track.
This though will take days of work, because it means going through 100 shows or so, every performance to get this exact data. I'll also update the MODX program names. All Fall in Green instruments begin 'FIG' but I have custom instruments used on recordings that it's best I keep too, and sometimes different ones for live (these may have splits or layers, or samples). I think I'll name my live instruments 'MAS' too.
Lots of admin, but it should speed things up for future live shows.
