An awful day of drab failure yesterday. I'd hoped to use my router table to cut new channels in wood for the 'Punishment Of The Sun' frame, but at first my mother didn't want to help; no work on Sunday is her motto. The cutting was better than the disastrous first attempt, but still a failure, the wood rose up and was chewed. The machine was noisy and messy. The results would perhaps be improved with work and more modifications. I like making my own things, I like 'reinventing wheels', but my mother insisted that I stop, that she would pay for custom-cut wood from a local timber yard.
I updated my frame calculator software, but most of the day was wasted, a day of plans abandoned. There were also food problems. My breakfast was uncooked due to some sort of microwave failure, and the other meals failed too, in odd ways. In the evening, problems with my father's illness kept us awake and I barely slept. He spent the night in hospital.
Yet, today was a transformation. I ordered the wood and it was cheaper than I expected. We visited my father, who seemed to be doing ok. Perhaps this incident will lead to a revised care plan for him. I returned home to frame 'The Blood Of Winter', and the Kafka painting, both worked well. The hosting issues about my websites and domains seem to be resolving after nearly a week of waiting. I bought train tickets for the Stockport art collection, a mere £2.50 per trip, less than a bus ride. I ordered some Ethyl Alcohol to make wood stain, and this too was a bargain price (I expect the price of these chemicals will go up due to the issues around the Strait of Hormuz). And I worked out the dates and possible entries for several open competitions. A good day.
Deborah has been wonderful, too.
