Tuesday, January 05, 2021

Climbing The Jabberwocky Mountain

A full day working on the Jabberwocky video.

Last night I had a dream that I was in love with Alice Liddell and afraid of her mother discovering this. This is the perfect thing to include, that the feared Jabberwock was somehow Alice's mother, or guilt. This must be handled carefully.

Before bed, I formed a plan was to use Leonardo da Vinci anatomical images for the 'Beware the Jabberwock' sections, so I assembled lots of these first, but then thought that I'd probably need permission to use them, and I wasn't convinced of their relationship to the whole, so the first hour or two produced nothing.

I then decided to use some clips from the ancient silent adaptation of Alice in Wonderland. A lot of the video will tell the story of Alice in Wonderland, the background of the story. These silent clips seem to add a lot, and I've broken some of the modern footage to look like these, like a memory. The first half of the song is a slow growth, almost organic and dream-like which will build to the climax of the 'One Two One Two' line, but I have nothing yet for that climax, except that it must be bright and white. It needs to be a confrontation of this love-guilt, something shattering...