Saturday, January 23, 2021

Infinite Forest 2021 Poetry

I toyed with the idea of writing some words and including lyrics, spoken or sung, for the new Infinite Forest. In the end words didn't fit and I wrote only unfinished fragments of ideas. However raw and fragmentory, I like to file and keep these notes. I thought I'd put them here.

Ronnie (fragment for The Infinite Forest)

He is dying in silence.
Sparks fly from his mouth
and nobody can see him,
on the concrete floor as he leaks black ink and weeps.
The cars cough by and shoes tread,
and he is dying in silence,
on a stupid street.

Ghost Cows (fragment for The Infinite Forest)

All the cows are ghosts.
The cows are asleep, and transparent blue.
They love me with the love of angels.
They look at me with love;
they awaken and look.

A Henge Of Giant Fingers (fragment for The Infinite Forest)

The trees are climbing in on me,
a henge of giant fingers.
He screams and I run in panic
through warm's flesh, through the forest,
to the hill,
and the circle of stone,
where she left her symbol for me,
crystal blue, and alive.

The Mome Raths Weep (fragment for The Infinite Forest)

I am above the maze, laid out like a mind,
and she is beyond it.
The bronze sun dips low
in autumn's blood.
There are friends here, but they cannot help.
The mome raths weep, I must go alone
and with solemn soul.
I step into the corridors.

The Sad Butterfly Collector (fragment for The Infinite Forest)

He collects butterflies, sad,
dried things made from copper's dust and child's wings.
He was never loved, he has never loved.

The shadows dance in the grazing yellow light,
and are happy, as if alive.

The moon floats.

The Wood Crumbles In Rust Flakes (fragment for The Infinite Forest)

The wood crumbles in rust flakes, like her memory
beneath his hard fingers;
the memory of the moon;
its yellow ball warms the forest,
the lakes of love,
tendrils of the mind
and broken time
to be ran along
when young;
young like the fox.

What Is There, Inside (fragment for The Infinite Forest)

What is there, inside?
Along the flakes of run.
What is there, inside?
Under the bark,
rust of leaf
station
electric
brokengold
the infinite forest
the infinite expanse
of self.