Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Infinite Foresting

Day 3 of work on the Infinite Forest music. A good and full day. Have gone through every track and every note, updating and revising instruments. There is a lot of commonality across all of the tracks so one change often meant going back and changing the same instrument in all of the others, so it's a slow process. I've also transformed all of the reverbs into my new versions; Oxyverb II and Nitroverb II. These cut out the low frequencies from the tail which often causes problems in the mix, almost all mixing problems are too much boom.

I've also changed some of the composition in The Photograph, which has the same melody as The Angel.

So, everything is sort of ready, yet the mixing still sounds crude and unrealistic. However better it is than the first version, it's not so much better that it sounds substantially more realistic. The next step is to work on this, then I can tweak the composition, and then come up with some sort of overall framework, which it never really had. There is a ghost of a narrative, nothing more.

It's been a good solid day of work, avoiding as best I could the terrors of social media and news. I've also updated the Fall in Green YouTube artwork, and set the Jabberwock to premiere. I spread the word a little but we still only have 10 subscribers. At times I feel like a voice in the wilderness, yet it is my nature to shy away from others, so I reciprocation will perform its natural task. No situation is perfect. If I was unhappy with something, I wouldn't want it to be noticed or acclaimed, and would be annoyed if it was.

I've never been encouraged or discouraged by others' opinions, I grew up being ignored and disliked by my parents and this gave me an inner motivation and nature of not caring what anyone thinks, which are two crucial important of an artist. Mendelssohn worked to please his father, my stage and canvas is for all of humanity.

All things grow, and Jabberwocky is certian to make its mark in history irrespective of its launch.

It's strange that in society popularity matters more than ability. Angel Planells will attest to this. A surrealist painter from CadaquƩs, Dali's home, his work is very similar to Dali's 1930s work, yet Angel lived and died relatively unknown. He stopped painting surrealism when times became hard - no true artist can do this. I know 'artist' friends who paint pets or pretty houses for pitiful sums. I could never do such a thing, no part of such horror exists in my being!

The key is to keep pushing all the harder during hard times. I love hard times. There is very little motivation to work when times are good. To get motivated, destroy your comforts.

Like Beethoven I prefer to grab fate and charge into action - an odd philosophy for an absolute determinist. This clash of opposite ideas gives me my concept of will. If our will can do anything; control our arms, or one cell of our bodies, or even one single thought; then it can command any part of the universe. Will, I suspect, is simply applied by our ego to always-destined events after they occur. This gives us the power to will anything and make it so. Why is the big movement of an arm willed AND the tiny movement of a thought? Is our desire to vote one way or another willed also - a huge collapse of many tiny events and movements. Didn't Kennedy will man to the moon? Will is limitless.

So ends this strange discourse. This ramble is probably due in part to the rarely imbibed beverage of ginger wine. Onwards!