Saturday, July 24, 2021

Framing, Summer Holiday

Two slower days. Framed When This Is All Over yesterday. I decided to roughen the edges of the frame with a wire brush and this looked excellent. The surface is far less sticky in these normal temperatures.

I had three fantastical and vivid dreams. In the first, it was our wedding day, myself and Deborah, which took place in the front room of my old house. On the way there, while walking through a dream Nantwich at high speed, I found some discarded notes of money, which I need at the moment. In the second dream, I was in or watching a Carry On film called Carry On Carrying On. In the third dream, I was in a house with Deborah in the future, our house. Cat was there to my delight and joy. All dreams were positive and lovely, full of good messages and encouragement.

I should have been working in the Fall in Green projection videos today, but I didn't feel like it, so decided to continue work on the English Triptych. I had planned on making this third, central, piece larger than the others, but for the sake of speed as well as unity, I decided to revert to the size of the others 28x38cm.

Here is the idea sketch:

And the final composition, which is more complex and refined. It has a feeling of decay so I added a fly. The pyramidal structure is perhaps influenced by Leonardo da Vinci because I watched a Sky Arts programme about his works yesterday.

I noticed today that I sold my painting Hope at Bickerton.