Monday, August 23, 2021

More Exhibition Filing

A long and slow day yesterday, filed just 2 years of competitions and exhibitions and events. The going was slow partly due to the need to merge things... Today I've completed the job by filing 6 years worth; but this is partly because this and last year have had almost no events.

How odd the whole 'open art' exhibition and competition scene is. Now that everything is in one file, all 615 competitions, exhibitions and events since 2007, I can see things a little more clearly. I had one painting selected for the Discerning Eye in 2016 and 2017, but not 2018, 2019, where I entered quite a lot weird and powerful work, or 2013 when I entered Song of Amorophobia. I think the complex/sculpted frames might put them off, but it's impossible to tell. I know how much luck is involved in judging art (alas, yes, luck).

Song of Amorophobia may have been counted as too large. It is a tiny painting, but has metal tubes dangling from it. It's still one of my greatest paintings and best artworks. I can't really change myself to try and get selected, and besides the judges are different every year. Yet, I have so many paintings to choose from that choosing what to submit is always a challenge. Well, I will try again this year.