Friday, August 27, 2021

Frames Done, National Poetry Competition

Rather a slow day today. I had hoped to move onto the music recording but now I'll move the my focus back to painting./ The lighthouse beam of my mind will take a day or two to rotate. I started the day by launching the sale of my PC game Taskforce and releasing Outliner. I played short games of both.

I wrote a poem for the National Poetry Competition today and entered that. I've entered every year since 2009, and, though I don't expect to ever win, it does my poetry good to push myself, and it does poetry itself good to enter... some paid contests are like patronisation of the art, and this is one, so I enter this to support the art of poetry a little.

Then I tidied up my frames, brushed off the flakes of gold, and framed the two paintings. Sadly, the bright gold frame was too bright, it was like a glowing light that made the delicate painting look too dark, so I decided to revisit the other frame. I distressed and sanded its edge and added some brown to give it a sort of bone-like hue. That looks fine now; so two frames are done, and I have a spare very gold one... I think I'll dull some of it and perhaps dust some of it, but all later.

This evening I entered the Discerning Eye. I'm not sure if I really feel like moving back to painting immediately, but I must. Perhaps I could start with some new ideas or work on one of the glazings. Underpainting is always much more fun than glazing.