Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Tycho Brahe Vocals, Lyceum Square, Economics

An eclectic day that has flown by. I awoke at 10, so the 8 mere hours, this fragment of a day is all I've had for essential work. I re-recorded the vocals for Tycho Brahe, given them much more of a rock personality. I also noticed for the first time that the 'solo' part isn't there at all1 I need to record that, but it will be fun, so I'll do that later.

Then, I recoded the Channel Mixer effect, which moved one channel (left, right, front, back, up, down) to any other, and perhaps inverting the amplitude. This can be used for unusual stereo effects ("outside" the stereo field) but I've never done that I don't think... one must be careful of phase inversion. Still, I added a Wet parameter, to permit partial inversion.

Then I started to sketch out the melody and basic lines to a new song, Rembrandt.

I had call from Janey about the Lyceum Square commission. This development, long stalled, is now due to go ahead next year, with myself and David Jewkes working on two public art pieces. This is exciting, my first major public artwork. There will be some colour constraints I think, but that's fine. Limits are usually better for creativity than no limits.

Then, an email from a postdoctoral researcher about Economics in Virtual Game Environments, with Flatspace as an example. I don't think I'll be able to help; Flatspace is very limited and simplistic, but this is a subject which fascinates me. I've done lots of experiments in simulated economic environments.