Tuesday, January 02, 2024

Mouth Pain, F.I.G. Live, and Ponderous Notation

A slow but steady day. My mouth and left side of my throat is in such pain that it's difficult to focus on anything else, but I managed a few jobs.

First revamping our Fall in Green live videos a bit. There are lots, but many aren't public on YouTube, so these will now start to appear every Friday at 7pm.

Then I did some work on a logo for my music publishing arm, which doesn't yet exist. I occasionally list works as published by 'Cornutopia Music Publishing', on PPL for example, but the music isn't technically 'published' in sheet form, or registered with the PRS as published. When I do publish the sheet music it gives me the opportunity to fix a name so I may choose a different one. 'Cornutopia' is a long and meaningless word, taken originally from an Amiga module (tune); a happy melody, so it was a cross between Cornucopia and Utopia.

In the afternoon, I scored the music for the new Ponderous Tomes composition for Fall in Green, although my mouth pain grew over the day so motivation became difficult due to this.

We had some good news in that Deb's site magically came back. I'd half hoped this would be the case, that a technical error over the holiday wouldn't be noticed or corrected until this morning. In the afternoon, things gradually came back, making the experience a valuable lesson and rehearsal for possible future problems. The internet is so very ephemeral. I wonder if the thousands of great artworks (and the millions of bad ones) of this generation will be lost forever in a mere century's time because so much is online only and very vulnerable.