Monday, July 22, 2019

Art Videos

A difficult night due to my regular abdominal pains from which I awoke lethargic if not actually exhausted, but I pushed on with work and decided to film some more painting videos. I would love to make some more music videos. Looking back, I see a lot of good music that really needs a good video, and I'm generally unhappy with the quality of almost every video. In some cases poor tracks have been chosen, for various reasons. The Tree of Keys album, for example, evolved from ArstLab and ArtSwarm pieces, so some of those tracks use those videos yet many of the best tracks don't have videos.

The Jarre's Party video from Bites of Greatness was itself made hurriedly as an animation experiment, rather than a conscious choice to find a track something like a single; Pandora or Jellyfish or Trax are more catchy. Ultimately, the work of making a good video is large, and making 20 or more would take many weeks or months.

Generally, newer videos are quicker to make and higher quality. I need to develop some sort of strategy for this. I am as much as recording artist as a painter, but the quality of the videos does not always indicate the quality of the music, or the work I've put into the music.

The new art videos are filmed but not yet edited. This will take a few days. Tomorrow I will deliver some paintings to the annual Bickerton Art Exhibition, then visit the great Chester portrait artist David Lawton.