Friday, July 26, 2019

New Music Channel

Had an enjoyable hour last night on Tim Lee's RedShift Radio programme, The Doorstep Mixtape, talking about many aspects of art and music, fitting an enormous amount in actually; from A.I. and computer game programming, to feeling in music and acoustic instruments versus synth music, to Marius Fate, Fall in Green, and painting too. I also enjoyed hearing about his album project, Tulpa, in between tracks, which has some elements like The Modern Game.

Today is mercifully cooler and I've had a very full day setting up a new Mark Sheeky Music YouTube channel, converting short introduction videos to introduce each album. I recorded ten of these yesterday, although I decided to re-record one today. I've also uploaded a few videos that are of sufficient quality.

Now, should I leave the old, existing music videos on my other channel until I create new ones, or delete them? It would make more sense to leave them there, as people might discover the music that way, but my sense of order and completeness makes me want to delete anything that is imperfect now, and restart building a new collection of music videos on the new channel. I also have a dream of remaking some videos, like Islands of Memory, which were good quality enough in the first instance. All videos must now feature at least me.

One discovery was that I could convert the original 720x576 resolution Gunstorm file, cropping the ancient credits and adding a new ending. This means that I can upload a new, visibly higher quality version of the video to the new channel, ready for a spectacular premiere there. The video has been uploaded twice so far I think. First before Tor changed his name, then again with new credits, which meant that a few thousand people seemed to miss it as the popular video creator, Dr. 'Ashens' Ashen, had plugged it with the old address and artist name.