Friday, November 01, 2019

Admin

More Future Snooker and Future Pool work today, so pleased that I decided to work on the soundtrack. Each game will have a selection of tracks. I've also sent out some preview copies.

The other main job of note was setting up a new MixCloud account as it seems that the ArtsLab playlist on RedShift Radio has been deleted, so I've created my own account to create new playlists. More disturbing is that five shows appear to have been deleted too. It appears that one can upload music to MixCloud anyway, so I might have the option of merely hosting the old programmes myself. Having one giant feed for RedShift Radio, rather than one per show, is bonkers. Nobody would want to subscribe to every show, but many people might like to check out specific programmes.

RedShift have announced that they are ending live broadcasting (nobody listened, never in my years there did more than 10 people tune in) and switching to a podcast format. They should have done this years ago, I think, but live radio is more exciting, even if nobody actually tuned in, in practice. With a podcast format, anyone could make the shows at home, and thus avoid the studio all together. In a way, its the beginning of the end of the station, but of course, there is something to be said for grouping together (although I've just argued that grouping together in one account is silly).