Wednesday, November 06, 2019

Wednesday

Started the day with coding, first locating every time I'd used the 'Moog VCF (mono)' engine, which has now been superseded by a stereo version (I chose mono because it was originally faster, but after testing it was nearly the same speed anyway, so I replaced it years later). It turns out that about 150 songs use it. No matter, the new 'conversion matrix' feature can automatically find and replace it upon loading, so for the first time I have all-new and all-recent plugins.

I also found a memory accumulation bug, which has probably been in there for 15 years or so, since inception. Suffice it to say that deleting an instrument didn#t free up the effect buffers for it. Not disastrous, as these are shared anyway, but it would mean this area would grow over time, if songs were repeatedly loaded and saved. Anyway, now fixed.

Then started on a tune called Kyrie, which has a rambling, Indian raag sort of mood. It's one of my first where I played some live guitar on it, but it's all very hard work; the timing is essential in such tunes, they are easily boring and the climax must be amazing. I have in mind Zadok the Priest, and it must at least sound close to this (I expect Beethoven had a bit of it in mind for his Kyrie too).

A second day of headache. I've started to take Phosphatidyl Serine tablets, which are supposed to be good for memory. After two days, I can just about remember their name, so they have worked. I think the headache is stress related more than Serine related. The tension of trying to finish this music, but now the software is updated, so I have no excuses. The next step is to make a clear list and plan.

In other news, the first video for Future Snooker is on YouTube, and is excellent. I'm hopeful that the game will be a success.