Sunday, November 10, 2019

Kyrie Vocals and Macc Art Lounge

Two days of steady work. I realised that small additions to work can be a lot less stimulating or encouraging than making large changes, or rushing out something finished. A lot of my music now, my art generally, unless I'm very lucky takes a lot longer than in did, but that's because I simply, literally, spend more time on it, to make it better than that which has come before.

Yesterday began by recording the vocals for the Kyrie, 40 layers of vocals in the end, which produced a wonderfully smooth sound. Each layer was 30 seconds long, so that's a lot of data and processing to edit together. A female voice an octave higher would probably have suited the song better, but the results are good enough, remarkable for a song made on a computer, actually. Blessed be Prometheus.

In the evening I started on the next song (the kyre still barely half complete), a fast drum and bass or rock style song called Confession. It's so fast that it was all over in 45 seconds, but more was needed and a mid section came to mind, a twangy slow section in 3/4 time. the song is about a first confession, and being instructed in this, so I included the word naughty to recollect childhood and as some light relief from the otherwise sinister feeling, and to push the effect further I rhymed it with 'caughty' meaning caught later; truly surreal.

Lots to do on both songs, and I feel I'm making so so slow progress on it all. I've been offered an opportunity to show paintings in the Macc Art Lounge soon, which will be a lot of work but it's a perfect time for this, so it seems that the next eight weeks or so will be busy with some painting retail duties, assuming this all works out.

Perhaps I'll re-record The Infinite Forest too, a project for next year. My skills and instruments are much better now than the ones in that old album, and I could work on some new 600dpi artwork for a possible CD (there are less than 20 copies of the current CD-R burned album, very few have been sold, but one or two have I think, at places like the Macc Art Lounge, or other public events).