Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Confession

More work on Burn of God. The progress is Sisyphean, achingly slow, but I have about 30 minutes made now. The album is strange, includes speech, prayers and I'm not sure if I even like it. Perhaps this is a good thing, as all of the best art, music in particular, takes time to like. I must complete it anyway and must fight, must do my best. I will certainly learn something, and already have made great strides in learning vocal production techniques. I've added a lot more vocals in the past week. The key to singing is to use as little breath as possible, and no tension above the waist. The abdominal muscles control breathing for singing because they are fast and responsive. I can understand the similarity between singing and piano playing. I am still very much learning.

Here are the lyrics to Confession, a fast rock, drum-n-bass, Prodigy; rip-roaring ride of a song.

Confession

Listen boys and girls we're gonna find out your sins today
The eye of God is on you
Watching everything you do

Go there to that solemn place
bow your heads and pray
think of all your bad deeds
and beg forgiveness from
the priest

Jesus is giving
Jesus is kind
Always keep Jesus in your mind
Jesus will cure you
Of everything naughty
But if you try to hide
you're gonna get caughty

Oh...

Listen!

Enter the confessional, kneel upon the floor
everything is secret there
every word is like a prayer
tell the priest how bad you've been
tell him every sin
he'll write up a prescription
a punishment to save
your skin