Saturday, November 16, 2019

Prime Numbers, Macc Lounge, Ears

Yesterday began early with the launch of Future Snooker, this involved a few technical clicks plus several basic messages and emails, and a newsletter sending. This had to be complete before 8:15 when I had to leave for the Macc Art Lounge, to help set up the shop. It seemed to take hours to set up but I had an enjoyable time in the fragments of retail space, and spent time getting to know the abstract artist Diane Nevitt. Both bus journeys took nearly two hours on this epic day.

In the evening, I noted down some millisecond timings for my new 'choroleight' audio effect. Audio effects need prime numbers because otherwise delays will reinforce. This made me think that prime numbers are essential for every digitisation and every quantisation process, and are probably vital in quantum mechanics for this reason; the primes might constitute unresolvable infinities, and the non-primes something more concrete, a better, more attainable area, due to this reinforcement.

Today was a full day, and began at 8am with programming the audio effect, which sounds amazing, I'm so pleased with it. Then a long bus trip full of the drama of an olde worlde ocean voyage; a 15 minute breakdown in the middle of the road, a bus switch-on-and-off-again, then a winding country lane flowing with a slow trickle of traffic, a horse and cart at its snake of head.

The day was mostly spent hanging work; a large cluster of paintings to hang on every space. John Eastwood, John Gardner, Ché Finch, Clare Allan, Brian Law and Diane Nevitt were all present or visited during the day, and the shop looked sparkly and ship-shape at the end of Saturday, and a trickle of visitors popped by too, with a two small gifts and one art sale today. Here are some of us at the end of the day:

I left just after 4pm, and at home guzzled food and responded to Future Snooker duties (the game was launched yesterday on Steam, this involved a few technical clicks plus several basic messages and emails), then off to a friend's party and some lovely relaxed social time. I have a totally different personality at every party and today was quiet and enjoyed chats with one or two friends. The music was too loud. I must state for the first time that, since excessive earache during childhood, my hearing has been sensitive and painful to even moderately loud noises. It's somewhat amazing that I should have become an audio engineer when my doctors predicted hearing damage back then, but perhaps this has made me take care of my hearing that bit more. We somewhat sadly left early due to the noise, and my tiredness, it has been a long day.

Now to rest my aches. Tomorrow I will brave the freezing rain to urgently make a new frame for an older painting.