Saturday, November 30, 2019

Mania

A manic week, I think I've only slept for one night of it. Today's performance was, back when it started, a little performance of some sort of make Carol Finch's launch interesting. Then I decided to do a 5 track Marius Fate performance, including the first live performance of The Trees. Then, Deb reminded me that if she were to read then I should really play too, as half of Fall in Green, so that split the evening into two, 15 minute sections, and involved a costume change, my 20Kg digital piano, Korg synth and two mics. Then I bought a cheap projector a few days ago, and decided to make videos for every track we, and Marius, performed. Stopping the show to play with projector menus isn't an option, so the most efficient way is to make a video for every track, although this means 26 videos (if you include the 'gap' videos between the tracks).

Then I decided that the projector needs a stand, so, at 4pm yesterday after a day in the Macc Art Lounge, cut a base platform from wood, and drilled some 4mm holes into it to screw into the projector base, then fitted it to my Cayer tripod quick release plate, allowing me to use the tripod as a projector stand. It's not perfect, as the two plates that come with the Cayer are annoyingly different, but it's much better to use than putting the projector on the floor. I've just ordered a new 3M lead for it.

And today, I need to memories the lyrics to 5 songs, and memorise the piano music to 7 Fall in Green tracks, before leaving at 5pm to set up the 800W PA system, 150W mic amp, two synths, projector, and everything else, and all for the glory of art and to make the best show I can. As the first use of the projector, it will be a useful field test of new equipment and procedures.

Now, to rehearse and piano practice. Less than three hours to go. This week has been too much and I'm verging on an unhelpful mania. I can't wait to enter a quieter week next week, although my plans for December are ambitious.