Monday, February 03, 2020

Struck Lucifers

A trip to the Macc Art Lounge on Saturday, but largely it was 'a day off' to pull back and rethink recent music work. This was a necessary restorative. My mind and body had been packed together too densely, feeling exactly like plasticine, when the athlete is more like a sponge made from a light fluid, something like Galliano, a light alcohol with a hint of vanilla. I needed to refluidify and find again the spark essence of art. I am now keen to get this music complete and move on.

Yesterday I continued work on the music for Struck Lucifers. A complex poem which is about post war Britain, the V.E. Day clean-up and more. I find it difficult due to the cerebral mood. The track must end with something great and extraordinary. As an artist, I am only as useful to the world as the work I produce (aren't we all?) I must prove my current state of ability and utility. We've also decided to press some CDs with an 8-page booklet, so more visual art is needed for this project. I want it done by the 8th.