Tuesday, February 04, 2020

More War is Over

I've spent two full days working on the War is Over music. It's amazing that it's taking me so long considering the music is written, mostly recorded, and mostly produced. One problem is that the music isn't very long, our poems are not the length of ordinary songs; consider the lyrical content of songs, how sparse it is, how repetitive. If the lyrics of a song were merely spoken, most songs would be under a minute long. Our tracks are about two minutes. The length isn't that material, but an EP demands six tracks at most, so this has created problems because I don't want a really short album. We must be showcasing our work; there is some pressure of quality. I don't really want two full albums.

This has led to some extraordinary measures; a lot more music in between, and complex arrangements to segue these together into a coherent scene, a journey, as I prefer. All six (well seven, I'm merging two) tracks are done, but there is space at the end for more; I want to re-emphasise the main theme. I must do my best, but not obsess so long as to harm the creation of future work.

I've had enough of music today, so I'll stop now and work on the the album art.