Friday, February 07, 2020

War Is Out and Yellow Glasses

A full day, amazing how we can think a project is ended when it's far from it! Started by listing War Is Over on the major music platforms, so this is coming soon. This inspired me to take another listen to Burn of God, my final ear-check and I found a few issues, so have spent a lot of the day working on this, mainly changes to the largest and most complex track, the rock epic God Infinity.

I've also listed both albums on my website and Cornutopia Music, and did a lot of lyric checking. All of the lyrics for War Is Over will be online, and videos or sites that support synchronised lyrics (bouncing ball, anyone?) will be able to use that too.

In other more important news, I'm now wearing yellow safety glasses. I've had headaches since having my eye test last week and I suspect it is the psychological effect of temporarily experiencing clarity during the test, and generally worrying about the potential for headaches. I wondered if any deterioration in my eyes is down to my daylight light bulb, which is lovely and bright, and especially energising in the winter months, but is perhaps too powerful and too white. Perhaps white lights like this, blue phone lights (I don't have a smartphone or tablet or modern screen thing, thankfully), and LEDs, are harming people's eyes. I already mourn the loss of yellow sodium street lights, those wonderful symbols of loving evening. We must preserve and restore them!

I could switch to a 'normal', yellow tinted bulb, but I haven't got one, and at times I like the idea of white light, so I'll keep my light on, but wear yellow tinted safety glasses as a filter. This has the advantage of filtering the computer screen, and protecting me from potential flying debris.

I would now benefit from having glasses and must consider options. I've often wanted them even though I didn't need them. Now I need them, I am unsure if I want them.