Saturday, February 29, 2020

The Intangible Man & Other Strange Tales

Have spent most of today working on the cover artwork and other arrangements for my short story collection which will be called The Intangible Man and Other Strange Tales. Many short story compilations feature the title of one story as the title so I've followed that suit.

The cover went through many iterations. The initial idea was the outline of a man made of clouds, a recurrent theme in my designs (see my album cover for Once Upon a Time, and I've painted, or wanted to paint, this a few times - curious). Here is an early draft of the cover:

And the cover so far:

The second seems very similar but includes many hours of tweaks and adjustments.

I like it but one possible downside is that it has a very sci-fi sort of appearance. The stories are imaginative fantasy, perhaps in the style of The Twilight Zone, but often real world and surrealistic, Terry Gilliam-like, rather than William Gibson. The title story itself is a light hearted ironic tale.

It's the last day of a productive month: I've completed Burn of God at last, and War is Over, which we have in CD form too. I've a few art exhibitions lined up, and several Fall in Green performances each of which is bigger than before, have completed The Burning Circus ready for its April release, and about half of the Clowns album, plus a few tracks from the next Marius Fate album, and made lots of enhancements to Prometheus. It's been a bad month (and year) financially, but it has for most of the world. Such mountains are there for us to battle; every day is to be a fight of life and death. I'll live as frugally as I can and strive to make the best artwork I can, as is my duty to the world. I'm sure the quality of my art is better than ever, so must keep creating. I can only hope and pray for another decade, or 70 more years, of such creativity. We are in the hands of fate.