Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Argus v014

A long day working on Argus. Quite a lot to see now:

These windows are are all functional. I had hoped to create the Event List and possibly the Sequencer today but this is so much work that it seems to be taking a day per window at most. I'll also need a Render window, I think, for which frames to save out.

Today I created the 'Costume List', which is the store for the geometry data. You can load this, although it's quite a convoluted way to do it, as only my editor can create the format, but it's really designed for simple planes which are presets. These can now be loaded in and a texture applied. I'm very close to the first actual real actor appearing in the scene. Currently there is only a test.

The day started with updating the fonts to work with the new expandable fairy system, I'm only using 11 characters, just numbers, it seems a waste of geometry to allow text to print on the main screen. Only the current frame will be shown.

This is so much work that I'm feeling overwhelmed and ill due to the stress, excitement, possibilities. I thought today that I could add an event that could trigger music too, which might be useful (although the software will output a stream of images only, not any audio). I'll work on the Sequencer tomorrow I think, and then the Event List. The big problem to solve is the one of textures, having several per object, that is the final unknown. All of the rest is worked out.

So much seems to be happening. A new online Coloured Earth festival started yesterday and I was invited to take part, I had lots of ideas for it, but have no time. Taskforce is moving on. A few friends are organising meet-ups, and and the Chinese translation of 21st Century Surrealism is proving problematical; this will be an e-book only now, but it appears that it hasn't been formatted at all.

I'm also full of music ideas. I thought that, to accompany the new electronic mix of Plastic Superman, I would remake an old tune called Opiad, which I recorded about 4 times in the late 90s but haven't touched since.