Thursday, July 23, 2020

Conan

Awake for much of the night with stomach pain which has grown over this day. These infernal twitches. The pain, tiredness, weakness has been too intense to focus on work, but I've pushed on with some design of the Argus G.U.I. layouts and started some preparation work for the Taskforce launch tomorrow.

Awake in the night, I listened to one of Beethoven's Late Quartets and fantasized about a version on four electric guitars, which is probably trivial compared to the actual string instruments. I played electric guitar last night along to Beethoven's 1st Symphony, which was fun. This is all good practice.

I wrote a song in the night around a guitar riff I played ages ago. Here are the words:

Face to the storm
Tied to the tangled tree
Chained to the rock
Taste of the screaming sea

Always about to fail
Always about to die
but surviving

Facing the void
Blood in the whistling wind
Crows in the sky
A future of why why why

Always the need to fight
Always about to die
but striving

I am Conan
We are Conan
All the world has become barbarian