Thursday, October 07, 2021

Always In The Morning, Passive Aggressive Guitars

Awake for most of the night with stomach pain. Started to sequence Always In The Morning, this has a complex staircase of chords which end on the minor version of the major starting point, rather interesting. This will be a long haul. I seem to spend many hours just getting the feeling and notation of the bass-line right. Each part should be a voice, like a person, given generously to and expressing their moment. I will also add more; the music must be bigger, more ambitious, more varied, more personal; clearly and overtly better than before.

I also recorded some guitar parts for Passive Aggressive. So much recording (apart from vocals) is relatively new; I've come a huge way since Burn of God, a mere 18 months ago. I think I need to plan everything in advance and name the parts, this will make the record keeping easier. Of course, it takes time and experience to know what is wanted before experiments. To some extent, experiments do drive creativity, happy accidents, new and exciting things, and this necessarily takes time and is inefficient. In all great artworks a lot is thrown away.

I saw Simon in the afternoon.

I'm tired and feel weak after being unable to eat. May complete watching Cinema Paradiso with Deb tonight.