Friday, October 01, 2021

Music, Competition Results

A steady day yesterday, writing many songs a piece at a time and working on production. Slower progress than I'd like.

I heard that I've not been selected for the Crewe Heritage Wall. I think much of this will come down to expectations and taste of the selectors, or even random chance, sometimes, as my experience as a judge informs me.

I heard today that I've not been selected for the Discerning Eye either, this is more disappointing, but I feel is due to not seeing the works in person, which is important for my work. Digital judgement of art is increasingly common and always a mistake; photography artificially favours acrylics and artificially penalises oils. This decision frees up these paintings to enter elsewhere.

Today, quarterly computer backups and more music work. Have had the first few poems from Write Out Loud for the Nantwich exhibition.