Saturday, July 09, 2022

Ambition

What I need is ambition, a challenge for the month. The Salomé rehearsal today went well, better than expected. I must record the piano parts to prepare for the full recording of the music. I tend to add more to my playing than the score says; this is better than scoring fantastically and cutting down, of course, playing must always excel, but this means that I need to dart back and forth, adding these embellishments to the score, playing and adding more and so on. The score was written for me alone, my notes, my mnemonic, but I have a mind to publish the sheet music and the poems in one book, partly because the 11 poems alone is too few for a book.

We went out after the rehearsal to collect some prop material:

Deb is still recovering from her illness and has some episodes of coughing, but I think all will be well for the event.

Now, a good target would be to complete the recording of the music, complete the 3D props for the event and perhaps engage more performers, and paint all of the paintings I have in mind, including a plan for the large scale works - the Death of Agamemnon, the Tralfamadorian painting, the new black-hole gravitational painting, the René Descartes portrait. These need to be painted!

How to fit all of this into the next few weeks is the challenge. Just making the props and staging the show would really take up the next 3 weeks, irrespective of any painting.