Friday, July 01, 2022

Sampling Strings

Well, it seems I'll be relatively restricted in my activites for a few days. I expect that I'll be free of this virus and free to move on Monday, perhaps earlier if I am lucky. A good use of my time, I think, is sampling some of the MODX waves, and today I've sampled about 100 strings waves. They sound great so far, though, of course, these will only prove their worth in years to come. I so hope I'll have time and energy, years, decades to use them! How unproductive I feel.

Yet, it could still be a good month. This samples job is important and necessarily time consuming, so it's the perfect job for these couple of days. After that, a final check of my computer book and that will be ready to publish.

I've played through all of the Salome tunes apart from the last, and they are not difficult, so the hard parts of performing this event is largely done - but, of course, there is a lot more to it than the mere show, alas. I've drafted a press release for it today and invited the first few poets to the open mic section.

I must make this a great month, the best I can. I must make each day the best I can.