Friday, July 01, 2022

Covid Confinement, Looper

I feel well, but my LFT today shows a very faint positive, so I must and will remain 'isolated'.

So disappointed to be confined. So much good art lost. After months of being tied up with music, most of which was learning or in a state of gradual improvement, I was ready to leap into painting in June. After just 4, very productive, days of painting, other music events started to dominate and I had to put together and rehearse the show for Congleton Library, and now the Salome Event. Perhaps in the scheme of things these will be interesting additions to my canon, but this form of performance is far from my best work and never a lasting legacy. Even the live performance aspect is frustrating as my songs, some of which I consider among my best work, are never performed. I'm now trapped in the two-week Covid doldrums which may end my painting plans for 2022 at this crucial part of the year.

Everything is so very frustrating.

Well, today I've sampled a few more MODX sounds, and modified my auto-looper, adding a feature to skip to the next loop. At the moment it can and will only find the first loop which matches, even if several different matches exist. I've practised the Salome music, and this is ready to go. There is little more I can do.