Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Dylanning, Dithering, Selection Boxing

The day has flown by but I can't think how. I started by updating Prometheus a little, the last change needed before the 10-octave shift, which I'm still not 100% sure about... whether I should do that now, or after the next music. Principally because the new displays and way or working are different enough to impinge upon efficiency... yet, the new song format, being itself more efficient is too tempting.

I've decided not to transpose any of the keyboard works, I can't cheat in this way; if I need to play in B-minor, I will and this simple blues track is the perfect test. I'll also play guitar on Song For Zimmerman, thus pushing myself in that direction. Overnight and today I've been memorising the words and vocal melody. The guitar chords are relatively simple, but do include an F#-Major.

Deb's been communicating with Angus from the library and we've confirmed a new event there on December 8th, a re-run of the Selection Box Christmas special from last year, with a few changes. I designed the poster today and we worked out the set-list. I also programmed some patterns for it into the MODX, this is a great feature. It's one of the few things that really fast and easy on the synth. I've made a few little looping sections that can be played and darted between for the 12 Days of Poetry (well, Christmas) which is ideal here because the song contains lots of looping bits. I may program a backing for a solo in Zimmerman.

I spent an hour or so practising The Mighty Quinn too, then prepared some mailings of the Lou Salome album to two Freud Museum's (well... Musea).

And now it's now.