Monday, January 02, 2023

Shops and Tedious Computer Tasks

An anxious night. I feel in creative limbo. I'm keen to get this new complete setup completely.

The morning was spent out, exploring shops around the ghost-town of Crewe which gradually grew into life like a concrete petri-dish activated with a droplet of shoppers. I bought a recorder for £2.99, and some gifts for next Christmas!

Then a productive day of setting up the new computer, which is mostly complete. My biggest need is for a cradle to move the existing hard drive to the new machine. It's always a worrysome moment to open up the case.

I've not been creative in days, but I've at last started to sort out the annual tasks. The start of the year is a time to examine the past one and formulate some plans for the next. This is done on the computer, so I've, at least, copied over these text documents for temporary absorbtion.

The main job was to install a new USB sound device, a PreSonus Studio26c. Installation was so good, so painless, that I didn't realise it had occurred at all. It's similar to my existing (old) Lexicon Alpha one, so I'm all ready for recording. I can now make music.

I must start to think about creating... but I still feel in flux as the complex setting up process isn't complete, and won't be until I can transfer that essential drive. Onwards we march.