Friday, October 06, 2023

Scores, EQ

A long day of hard work on the Testing The Delicates scores. I keep reminding myself why I'm working on these. The benefits are limited, yet it's the goal of life to file, store, record, and perhaps this is work I should have done when making the album. Three or four tracks don't have music, but many are complex, improvised piano works that have been arduous and time consuming to notate.

Well, these are now done in draft, so another album is complete. A week ends, and each week completes a project. This week, the completion of the TTD scores, and most of the initial planning for the Christmas Album project. I'd say that, as a whole, that project is already 25% complete.

I then started work on the 10-band EQ plug-in. It's based on a rank of band-pass filters but I'm unsure if I'm doing it right, or the best way. My results seem too loose, the slope to shallow. Perhaps I need to use low pass/high pass filters.