Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Internet, FIG, Christmas Smells

A new internet connection was fitted yesterday, and now everything is 3 times faster. I spent quite some time documenting the Fall in Green performance. Here's a great photo of Deb by Rob Collins (A.K.A. Way of the Bob):

Today a full day working on the Christmas Smells recording. Started with the brass tracks, refining the compositions there, then added some organ with my new 'Pythagoras' plug-in, which sounds amazingly like a Hammond organ, but not as slick as the wonderful MODX7 sounds - I may record some of those.

Then, acoustic guitar parts, which were general strums along to various song parts. My old F-310 guitar sounds amazing every time I record it, still a wonderful instrument.

Then some electric guitar parts, which I loved and were rather grungy and bluesy, a slight contrast to the slick sound of the rest of the song. Everything sounds good so far. The production is huge.

If I can finish the song in time I'll release it as a single too, with proceeds from Dec/Jan sales to the charity.