Sunday, March 01, 2020

Intangible Man Illustrations

Start of a month, so regular backups today, an old habit.

I then wanted to complete things; complete The Burning Circus - the book is ready, but I thought today that I'll probably need to make a Kindle format version, MOBI, ePub. This takes a day or so. I use software called Calibre for this.

Complete The Intangible Man. I wasn't sure if I wanted illustrations, but it would add to the book, would improve it as an artwork, so I've spent today drawing in Quink Ink with my favoured nib, and brush, then scanning and filing this work. Here is one of the few large illustrations:

I love pen and ink drawing, it's so expressive. Portraits and figures are a specific joy in this.

It will take at least another half day to put these into the book; maybe I could work on the Circus e-book this week too, but there is so much to do. I need to complete the Clowns album, and make some music videos. I noted today that Burn of God is now on Apple Music.

I feel a sense of urgency, a freneticity, a panic, yet one controlled enough to sustain quality. Perhaps this is the ideal. I have no time to engage with the world; I am a comet, a flying, weeping Pierrot.