Thursday, September 17, 2020

Finishing Trax

I awoke before 7 and completed the Trax video today, the more I watch it, the more I like it. I also started to edit together a video for Magicland Mermaid. The day has flown by as a result. My plan was to make at least a video, ideally two, per old album and perhaps I could say I have made enough now, although there are always more to do. I can find it hard to stop. Certainly, I'm learning with each one; that never ends, so I might keep pushing until I can push no more. This is perhaps my life mantra.

I've felt tired and even weak today and had a few long periods of just doing nothing but resting, which is highly unusual for me. I realised today that I haven't painted since Cat died, and that I started shortly after we found her. I wonder if, when, I'll love painting again... of course I will. I had hoped to enter The Discerning Eye, perhaps I will with older work, or perhaps finish the one painting of 2020; I have a few in half stages anyway, even last year's Oliver Cromwell painting.

On we push. I rather like this Sisyphean mood, it is the artists' way. The artists philosophy is exactly mine, stoicism with a soupcon of Catholicism for its aesthetic and ritualistic qualities.