Monday, September 14, 2020

Pandora Walls, Migraine

A slow day yesterday after a night of long sleep and a dream of making a YouTube video which exploded with popularity. I spent all day thinking about how to create a video for Pandora.

I listened to a BBC radio documentary about Jodorowski, and watched some music videos to fill my visual mind. I watched one of the recently screened Battlestar Galactica, and mused more, noting the structure of the music, working on its main feeling of growth, building, climbing, triumph. I rested in the dark to think of these things but still hadn't settled on a key idea. I went out for a walk to meet Deb and watched some more. Then I noticed that I couldn't see properly, that I had blind spots which seemed to be growing, some sort of migraine. All day I felt very tired, semi-sleepy.

I've been wrestling with a video for Pandora for years, perhaps it's the lack of narrative in the music, but also, I want to push and make something better each time, yet this stops me from making anything at all at the moment.

There's no benefit to fighting a wall and getting nowhere, I must make some small steps each day. The problem needs tackling, but a lot can happen in the background. I've spent today working on the ebook for The Intangible Man. I'll probably release the book at the end of this month.

Yesterday's migraine didn't cause a headache at first but it evolved into a mild one in a specicific location which seemed to hurt in pulses if I coughed or lay down. It is still there but very mild, it feels like eye strain or something like it. Must try to pull back and think of new areas to explore. I feel like I'm in a fog and in need of a new challenge. I've made five music videos recently, I'd like to make five more for music from older albums but they would have to be good artworks in their own right. There's no point in putting any old video to any old tune.