Monday, September 21, 2020

Argus v1.08, Bycockets, Time Dimensions

A restful night and day after a busy weekend. I've taken some new profile photos with my favourite hat, my bycocket. If I ever meet Patrick Stewart I will ask him if he realised that the bycocket he wore in the Robin Hood themed Star Trek: The Next Geneneration episode was identical to Errol Flynn's - was it the actual same hat?

I browsed Wikipedia a lot in the morning. I was taken by Itzhak Bars idea of two time dimensions, perhaps 2+4 dimensions would be represented as as 3x3 matrix thus:

1 x t y 1 z T w 1

Where T is a (probabiy imaginary) time component. 6 or 12 dimensions (and necessarily 2 of time) would be wonderfully neat, though why would z pair with an elusive w? Perhaps 12 dimensions is better, then all of the perceivable ones can be on one side.

In the afternoon I updated the coding for Argus, to add new features. I wanted a way to calcuate the exact x/y/x/angles etc. of any object at any one point so that I could insert a new object there. This would be important for complex camera movements, for example, because only one modulator/motion path can be applied at any one time, so to slightly change it, it would be necessary to interrupt it at precisely the right place.

I'm in the mood for new art.

Tomorrow is the launch day for The Intangible Man, so I'll do a little promotion on that. I'll drop off a copy, with Deb, at Nantwich Library before World Poetry Day on October the 1st (The Intangible Man isn't poetry, of course, but I'll drop off The Burning Circus too!)