Saturday, September 19, 2020

Starflight to Venus

After feeling tired for most of yesterday I decided to take a brisk walk in the evening and refocus my art mind, and returned full of new found optimism.

Quik Internet added a new security certificate to my websites, so for the first time they are 'https' friendly. This wasn't really ever a security issue, but in recent years it's become one by consensus, and browsers are increasingly warming users at the so-called lack of security from a plain 'http' connection. This is all broadly meaningless, I cynically think it's a way for the tech companies to make money rather than anything to do with actual security. In computers there is nothing completely secure, but, these standards are increasingly forced upon us. At least now sales from my website and IndieSFX should be simpler; that is people buying can feel more confident in their security (it was secure anyway, my PayPal and MyCommerce gateways were always https).

I made some plans:

1. I vowed to change my name when my passport expires and would like a dwarf dressed as the pope to confer this and to bless Deborah and I in a special ceremony.
2. A new video for Starflight, that should complete a recent pile of videos for older music.
3. A new listing for The Intangible Man. I've added this to Smashwords now. These days bnook launches are not instant or planned but gradually creep across distributors. The official launch is, will be, next week.
4. New updates to my website for licnecing artwork (yes, you can have a Mark Sheeky painting on yout album cover!)
5. A new wig liner! I have lots of wigs for theatrical use, but for the bare head these are itchy and horrid to wear. This is a solution. I have a mind to wear wigs more; inspired by seeing (of all people) Bobby Ball who would look almost like he did in 30 years ago were it not for his hair.
6. I will record a video poem for World Poetry Day.

I slept and dreamed, first, of being chased by death, a skeletal being on horseback, through a forest. I awoke. I slept again, more peacefully, and dreamed of making a strange device; a tiny electric motor powered by batteries and with long spiralling wires. For some reason, Mick Hucknell was there to witness me complete this. He touched it to his (oddly full and permed) beard and it set fire to it and his face.

I started today by beginning work on the Starflight video, which borrows a lot from the Trax video, as planned; a lot of the mood is the same. I've added elements of biological life on Venus to it.

I felt oddly downbeat in the morning and attended to my correspondance. I watched a great explaination of entropy by Dr. Brian Cox. I wondered if eating low entropy food, that is plants and animals further up the food chain; algae, herbivores vs. carniviores, fresh foods, would limit entropic growth in our bodies and therefore extend life. I mused if perhaps eating beetles and spiders, like Dracula's servant, Renfield, would indeed grant more life!

I have a big list if changes to make to Argus, but I'll do this after the Starflight video.