Saturday, September 05, 2020

The Dance of Summer

Another Argus update today, I worked out the fix to the matrix multiplication overnight and it's all working now. I spent the morning updating Argus with a few new features, deleting unused ones.

After that, progress on the video was a lot faster. Here is an image from it:

I've mixed film with this too, using some butterfly footage I filmed last summer, and some of the time-lapse clouds from this year. I've re-realised the beauty of horizontal symmetry. Too few cinema films use it! I watched a bit of Alice Through The Looking Glass today, a very beautiful and visually imaginitive film, a visual overload in many ways. The story is terrible, it's a film ideally viewed with no sound in very slow motion. Modern cinema is such a tripumph of the synergy of arts, I'm sure Wagner would be impressed; the gaps are emotional and intellectual. The C.G.I. is beautiful but still so very fake to the extent that the humanity is extracted from it.