Saturday, June 19, 2021

Shakespeare Drawing, Wonderland Rehearsal 2

A full day yesterday, started by finishing the drawing to the Shakespeare painting, which took until 2pm. Then Deb and I did a second rehearsal of the Wonderland performance. Much better than before but there is so much to do on this, as much memorising the music as well as the different technical setups. I will probably use my larger 1000W amp for this, the venue doesn't need such loudness, so I could use my 150W monitor, but the stereo would make everything better.

This took the rest of the day. Today I've made Prometheus work in 19-tones-per-octave mode to see how it sounds, this is perhaps the next more popular alternative to 12. I still keep the CDEFGAB notation in the sequencer though. I can't easily redefine the cents per note here, there are always 100, but these are (obviously) smaller in 19-tone. Should I add this as a fixed feature? If so I'll need, I think, to rename the notes somehow...