Monday, June 07, 2021

Two Dreams, Larger Surfaces

I dream of being alone on a small rowing boat in the middle of a night ocean. I could hear distant screams or ghosts. There was something horrible, a red mark like splattered blood. I awoke terrified. This seems to relate to the Spree Killer painting, which has a similar mark, and also, the boat has a few painting connections.

I slept again and dreamt of an evening meal and party being hosted here, in our garage outside. Many of the guests were celebrities including Bob Monkhouse, and Little & Large. Eddie Large looked thinner and had dark, sunken eyes. He had suffered a hard time 'recovering' from Covid-19, I talked to him about it, and to Syd about his work and money troubles. Another Covid-19 victim was there, perhaps Bobby Ball. The party was generally jovial though.

Today I completed the underpainting for Spree Killer, the difficult minature work of the main family, though I've felt very tired. I remain enthusued with art and ambitious despite my fatigue.

I'm thinking of methods for painting and preparing larger canvases. I like solid surfaces, I think the lack of flexibility makes these safer and generally easier to use, though they can be prone to damage, as scratches are not deflected, and these can be heavy. Perhaps 3mm MDF with canvas, plus 6mm MDF as a rigid support might work.