Wednesday, May 04, 2022

Cycles, Joy and 17th Century Painters

Two busy days. The Cycles performance at Crewe Market Hall took place at 2pm yesterday, the piano didn't sound too bad, have played worse, have played better. The hall closes at 2pm, so a booking at that time was not ideal.

It was a good opportunity to practice Cycles and play in the hall. Deb and I now have two future events lined up, in the Market Hall on the 19th for a one-year celebration of the hall, then an afternoon concert at the Lyceum in August.

I'm still redrafting my book and must finish this soon.

I have three album projects in mind now: Lou Salomé, a Marius Fate album about technology, and... I realised that my joyous and effervescent personality comes across in my live events, my books, and in ArtsLab on the radio, but my paintings are typically dark, paranoiac, and anxious, and some of my music too - although I love both the dark and light tracks on The Dusty Mirror. The inspiring essence of art itself is the expression of absolute personality, and my surrealistic joy and energy is one of my greatest assets. As a result of this conclusion, I thought that it is a good idea to revisit my old idea for an album about 17th century painters.