Sunday, May 22, 2022

Macc Delivery, The Fantastical Dreams of Rembrandt van Rijn

Suddenly things have exploded into busy activity again. Delivered artwork today to Macclesfield Town Hall for Art Fair Cheshire, which opens on Thursday. I will attend the preview on Wednesday. I also received the entry forms for the Stockport Open, which will take place this year for the first time since 2019, so I'll enter some of last year's new paintings into that. I need to make frames for these this week.

I'm booked to play the Macclesfield public pianos on July 14th, so needed to develop a list of works for performance. Just playing an existing set like Cycles, or The Anatomy of Emotions, or Music of Poetic Objects, isn't enough. I've developed the outline of a new set called The Fantastical Dreams of Rembrandt van Rijn

The pieces will be: "Saskia, Burning", "Poverty and Ecstasy", "Myself, I, and Me", "Nebuchadnezzar's Knife", "Moving the Piano with Titus", "Children and the Explosive Growth of Tyrants", "The Automata of Kings", and "Mario Lanza is my Washpot".

I've also received a sound effect commission for a new game, a sequel to a game I last worked on in 2007. It's an unexpected pleasure to be working on game sound again.

This week I must finish the first draft of my computer book, and move to complete, as quickly as possible, the music to the Lou Salome project. We must develop an interesting or giant way to stage this to make it the show-case project it deserves to be. I've developed some costume designs already, but will need a cast of at least 4 for these, plus, ideally, a Greek-style chorus. None of this is likely on a budget of zero, but we can hope.

Aside from these projects I still have music projects in progress, such as the Dutch/Flemish masters album, and I ache to oil paint too.