Monday, June 20, 2022

Covid Corona Solstice

After a fine rehearsal yesterday, Deb felt a little off colour in the evening, and today had more cold-like symptoms, finally testing positive for Covid with less than 24-hours to go before our performance. Even health aisde, this is sad news as we've worked so hard on this unique event.

This led to a mad preparation for a contingency plan. I printed out all of the words for the hour-long show and worked out how much I could perform solo, with either music parts or vocal recordings to fill in. I've generally felt fine today, but this evening have a sore throat which may be hay fever or the beginnings of the virus itself. Mike from the library has kindly leapt to help, offering transport for me. Everything depends on how I feel and test tomorrow.

Covid, the molecule shaped like the sun, shows itself on the very solstice.